UDEC Group (we, our or UDEC) is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We comply with all applicable requirements following the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”) and all other relevant data privacy laws.
Please read this policy to ensure that you fully appreciate the purpose of UDEC’s processing of your personal information.
Personal information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information:
- Your contact details may include your name, email, and postal address when you communicate with us via telephone, email, or letter
- The type of browser you use, IP address, information about your device, and browsing activity when visiting and using our website.
- Payment information when completing a transaction for our products and services
- Confirmation of your marketing preferences
- Any additional personal information that you may provide to UDEC, from time to time if you contact us by email, letter, or telephone, or by any other means.
Why we use your personal information
The personal information collected may be used to:
- Provide you with the products and services that you have requested
- Manage our relationship with you, which may include notifying you about changes to the UDEC products and services
- Request that you take a UDEC survey or leave a review
- Response to questions from you and third parties and inquiries from law enforcement agencies
- Evaluate the usefulness of the advertisements UDEC may provide you
- Fulfil our legal responsibilities and contractual commitments; and
- Permit UDEC to establish, exercise, or defend our legitimate rights and lawful claims.
How we collect your personal information
The methods we may collect and process your personal information include:
- When you communicate with UDEC by email, phone, post, and mail
- When you purchase our products and services
- When you take a UDEC survey
- When you submit feedback on our website, products, and services
- Interacting with us through any social media channels we use
- Via the direct marketing campaigns that we may run, and
- Information UDEC may receive from external third parties and gain from publicly available sources.
Our basis for processing personal information
UDEC will only ever process your personal information where we have a legal basis that includes the following;
- Where UDEC has requested you to provide consent to process your data for a particular purpose.
- The processing of your information is required by UDEC to satisfy a contractual arrangement that we have agreed with you.
- Where UDEC relies on our legitimate interests as a purpose for processing, but only if we have a convincing reason and the impact on your rights and freedoms is negligible.
- If UDEC has a statutory or other legal obligation to process your information to comply with any applicable law.
Who do we share your data with?
UDEC may share personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Third-party providers that support UDEC operate our business, including providers of analytics, technology services, marketing, advertising, data storage, and hosting
- Law enforcement agencies and regulators, to meet UDEC’s legal responsibilities and process requests or orders received from those bodies
- Courts, legal counsels, or other parties, where required by UDEC, and in respect of legal proceedings, claims, and complaints in this context
- Where UDEC is sold or amalgamated with another organisation, our advisers and any potential purchaser’s adviser, and the new owners of the business.
Your confidentially is of the highest importance to UDEC. We will not sell your information to third parties.
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters, including numbers and letters.
You can disable cookies, though this may restrict the functionality of the UDEC website.
UDEC may process your personal information for marketing activities, where you have given consent and opted in. If you wish to opt-out of such communications in the future, you can do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UDEC is committed to ensuring that the personal information you provide to us is protected to prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure. To this extent, we use suitable technical and organisational measures to ensure we protect your personal information under our supervision.
Our security measures are consistent with the sensitivity of the information being processed, and we regularly evaluate these measures to confirm that they continue to be adequate.
Your data will not be processed or retained for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected, which means once the retention period expires and we have no legitimate reason to continue processing or storing your data, it will be deleted.
In certain circumstances, UDEC may anonymise your information for research or statistical purposes (meaning it will no longer be associated with you), in which case UDEC may use this information indefinitely, without further notice.
Minor’s Privacy Protection
UDEC products and services are not for individuals under the age of 18 years of age. We do not deliberately collect, retain, or target information about minors.
According to POPIA, and other relevant data protection regulations, you have certain data protection rights, including:
- Your right to ask us to supply copies of personal information we may hold about you.
- Ask that we correct any inaccuracies or complete any incomplete personal data about you.
- Request that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Request that we restrict or suppress the processing of your data.
- Your right to withdraw your consent, where we have requested and gained your consent for processing your information.
- Your right to object to the processing of your personal information, unless we can demonstrate we have a compelling purpose to continue processing.
- Informing us that you wish to opt-out of marketing communications.
Furthermore, you have the right to complain to the Information Regulator where you believe violations of your data protection rights or laws have occurred.
If you wish to make a request to UDEC, please see the “Contact us” section for our contact details.
UDEC may transfer your information to jurisdictions outside South Africa to provide you with our community forum services most efficiently and effectively. We will only transport your information outside of South Africa where suitable protection is in place to ensure the privacy and security of your information and appropriate security measures followed that observe POPIA and all other applicable data protection laws.
If you are accessing the UDEC website and community forum services from a jurisdiction outside South Africa, please note that your information may be transferred outside of the jurisdiction you reside in, following the data transfer process detailed for South African inhabitants.
Changes to this policy
UDEC may make changes to this policy when needed, for example, compliance with legislative changes.
You should frequently review this policy to remain up to date with any changes.
These Terms and Conditions, including the policies, set out herein (Terms), govern UDEC Group (we, our or UDEC) provide access and use of our website.
Before using our website, please read through these Terms carefully.
Using our website, you indicate your acceptance of our Terms and agree to abide by them. If you do not agree with our Terms, you must cease using our website instantly.
UDEC may make amendments to our Terms at any time without notice. Therefore, please ensure you review them frequently to keep abreast of any changes.
Furthermore, your continued use of our website signifies your agreement to any changes made to these Terms.
You agree that you may only use our website for:
- your business use (which at all times must be reasonable and not offensive); or
- for purposes related to procuring a product or service through our website; or
- gaining information on or checking the suitability and availability of products and services on our website; or
- posting and sharing your reviews, opinions, and remarks on our website, products, and services.
You agree that you shall not:
- use, reuse, replicate or exploit any material associated with our website for any commercial or illegitimate purposes; or
- use our website in a way that causes or may cause exploitation of the rights of any other party or which breaches any legal, regulatory, or recognised codes of practice by any applicable official body; or
- use our website in any way that disturbs or impedes the performance of the website or which affects in any means with other users use of our website; or
- access, or attempt to access, any unauthorised areas of our website, or the personal information of other customers or users; or
- obscure, modify or remove any trademark, copyright, or other proprietary notices associated with our website; or
- use or provide a misleading identity or false information.
You agree that any content you submit to UDEC in any manner, whether by way of comments, reviews, or ratings, to be included and displayed on our website, you grant UDEC non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free rights and license to use, reproduce, distribute, modify and display such content in all media.
The content you submit shall be your own and must not be in any way an infringement of any other party’s rights.
UDEC will not be responsible or liable for any user-generated content including, without limitation, any errors or omissions or inaccuracies, nor for any damage or loss sustained as a consequence of the use of any such content submitted and made available to UDEC. Furthermore, UDEC reserve the absolute right to remove any content you submitted on our website at any time, at our discretion, without notice.
Viruses and malicious technologies
UDEC shall not be liable for any damage or loss which arises as a result of any virus or other malicious or harmful technologies that may infect your computer device, equipment, or data as a consequence of your use of our website.
We advise you to protect your computer device, equipment, and data from exposure to viruses and other malicious software with suitable anti-virus software and other appropriate technical security controls.
Website availability and accuracy
Whilst we endeavour to ensure our website is available for your use, UDEC accepts no liability for any interruption or non-availability of our website, including any delay, failure, error, or technical fault in any electronic user communication or transmission.
UDEC makes every effort to ensure the content provided through our website is correct, up to date, and free from errors. However, to the degree allowed by law, we do not warrant, express, or implied the correctness and extensiveness of the information presented through our website.
UDEC reserves the right to change, suspend or terminate the whole or any part of our website at any time, without notice.
Any dependence that you may place on the material provided through our website is exclusively at your own risk.
Products and Services
All products and services presented for purchase are subject to availability. They may change, vary, or be discontinued at any time, without notice.
UDEC provides no warranty that the descriptions of the products and services are free from errors or inaccuracies.
To place an order, you must be 18 years of age or older and be able to enter into a legally binding contract.
Placing and accepting orders
Placing an order will amount to making an offer to purchase a product or service from UDEC.
The price quoted to you, including any applicable taxes and related fees, is the price specified when you place an order.
Certain situations that may be outside our control may cause us to decline to sell our products and services. However, UDEC reserves the right, at our discretion, to refuse sale for any reason.
Use of personal information
Links to other websites
From time to time, UDEC may provide hyperlinks to appropriately selected third-party websites for your convenience. However, this does not mean UDEC endorses these websites or accepts any responsibility, or warrants the content of these websites.
Intellectual property rights
All copyrights, trademarks, or intellectual property rights on our website and all material, including without limitation the graphics, design, text, logos, and all software connected with our website, are owned by UDEC or our affiliates, including our licensors. All such rights are reserved.
You are prohibited from downloading, copying, transmitting, reproducing, selling, storing, or distributing any content without the prior written consent of UDEC except for the following:
- you may view and show the contents presented on our website;
- you may print or download extracts or entire pages contained on our website for your reference, but only if you do not remove any copyright notices from printouts and downloads.
You must not amend the paper or electronic copies of any material you have downloaded or printed off to any extent.
If you download, copy, or print off any material from our website in breach of these Terms, your privilege to use our website will end promptly. You shall, at our decision, return to UDEC or delete any copies of the materials you have created.
Just as UDEC requires users to respect our copyright, we respect the copyrights of other parties. If you believe UDEC has reproduced your copyrighted work on our website, without authorisation, in a manner that is a copyright infringement, please get in contact with us.
Limitation of liabilities
To the maximum extent permitted by law, UDEC and any of its affiliates (if any) will not be liable for any damages, including without limitation any direct, indirect, or compensatory loss, loss of income, profit, revenue, or data that you may suffer as a result of or in connection with your use of our website.
These Terms do not lessen your rights under applicable laws or other statutory rights, nor do they refute or limit the liability of UDEC to you for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability, which may not be omitted by applicable law.
If any part of these Terms is found to be legally invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, the invalid or unenforceable provision will not result in these Terms being wholly unenforceable or invalid, and that invalid or unenforceable provision will be withdrawn without affecting the other provisions.
These Terms represent the whole agreement and supersede all prior agreements and understandings between UDEC and you concerning your use of our website.
UDEC reserves the absolute authority to terminate your continued use of our website if we conclude at our sole discretion that you have breached the Terms.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
These Terms will be governed by and construed following South African law, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the South African courts for the resolution of any disputes.
If you have any questions concerning these Terms, or you would like to make a complaint or have any other queries, you can email us at email@example.com.